Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 - won't factory reset?

TerryBrownUK
Follower

RBK50 - won't factory reset?

Hi there, I bought an RBK50 setup from Amazon warehouse deals, and I'm having a nightmare setteing it up. I'm tech savvy (software developer) if that helps in any advice.

When getting the units, connecting to my router then the satellite, I never got to a sync between the two - the satellite pulsed white, not coloured.

I've followed the instructions many times, I've tried cabled (via orbilogin.com) and app (via orbi33 hotspot).

I cannot connect to the device on WiFi with the passkey listed on the router, nor could I login wired with admin/password. I noticed when attempting to login wired, failing, then typing in the serial number to get access to the device, it asked me my father's place of birth and another security question (which I'd never set). Thinking this has been a customer return, I hard reset the devices - power light went amber, then blinked, then I power recycled the device.

Still on access it was failing and asking me the same security questions it had previously, so looks like it retained previous settings.

Paperclip, hold in for 20 secs+, power down for 10, power backup and it still asks me those security questions, and still doesn't accept the WiFi password on the device.

Can anyone suggest any useful next steps before I return to Amazon?

Cheers,
Terry
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 - won't factory reset?

IF the reset isn't working, i'd return it to Amazon for something else. Let them know that this particular unit needs to go back to NG for review. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7