Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50

erikebrahemian
Follower

RBK50

Hello,

I want to sell my orbi to someone and I he wants to keep the settings as ai have already set up. 

when I login to netgear it doesnt give me an option to deactivate. 

can someone give me steps of getting this transferred?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK50

Maybe you could be more specific about "settings".  Have you assigned IP addresses or given names to devices?  Have you set up DDNS or VPN?  Unplugging an Orbi in one house and plugging it back in at a different house will not change any settings.

My guess is that you want the registration no longer associated with your Netgear account.  For that, we generally advise sending a private message to one of the forum moderators.  Yes, it is a pain that Netgear has no way to "un-own" a product.  (Would be a cluster-f*** if they did and someone hacked it.)

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50

IT would be best to factory reset the system and let the perpective new owner set up the system for there needs. 

If you want the system removed from NGs registered web services, please conntact NG support for this.

@Blanca_O 

@erikebrahemian wrote:

Hello,

I want to sell my orbi to someone and I he wants to keep the settings as ai have already set up. 

when I login to netgear it doesnt give me an option to deactivate. 

can someone give me steps of getting this transferred?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7