Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50

Jroach
Luminary

Re: RBK50

r0b0tvampire,  thanks for the reply.

I had switched to the .gov source yesterday...woke up this am and down again.

While I hate to throw away things that maybe aren't broken, I think it's time to toss the old girl in the trash (not meant to be sexist).  My issue now is will I be getting something new with the same issues because I don't know what the root cause was.  Looking at the MK83, RBK852 (but very concened I'm getting what I have now but faster), Arris and Google.

Message 26 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Might as well revert back to prior working FW then while you find another solution. v16 is solid. 

@Jroach wrote:

r0b0tvampire,  thanks for the reply.

I had switched to the .gov source yesterday...woke up this am and down again.

While I hate to throw away things that maybe aren't broken, I think it's time to toss the old girl in the trash (not meant to be sexist).  My issue now is will I be getting something new with the same issues because I don't know what the root cause was.  Looking at the MK83, RBK852 (but very concened I'm getting what I have now but faster), Arris and Google.

Message 27 of 34
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

v16 is solid. 

What exactly does this mean?

Message 28 of 34
Jroach
Luminary

when you say 16...  do you mean 2.7.1.60?

I couldn't find "16" for my router in downloads.

Message 29 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

@Jroach wrote:

Message 30 of 34
vajim
Master

@Jroach wrote:

ask him what he means by solid?

Message 31 of 34
Jroach
Luminary

got it.  I'll give it a whirl.

Message 32 of 34
Jroach
Luminary

vajim,

Appreciate the idea...I don't think they know...as far as I can tell these are users volunteering thier time trying to help other users.  They don't have all the answers but thankgoodness they have the time to help me.  I know we all have bias' when it comes to our cars, technology, children (smile...I hope they don't read this).  Do you have a router you would recommend?  I'm looking now and would love some input.

Also, I agree with you, I would like to see more transparency but NG has taken a page from the Apple playbook; never admit to a problem:)  

Message 33 of 34
vajim
Master

@Jroach wrote:

vajim,

Appreciate the idea...I don't think they know...as far as I can tell these are users volunteering thier time trying to help other users.  They don't have all the answers but thankgoodness they have the time to help me.  I know we all have bias' when it comes to our cars, technology, children (smile...I hope they don't read this).  Do you have a router you would recommend?  I'm looking now and would love some input.

Also, I agree with you, I would like to see more transparency but NG has taken a page from the Apple playbook; never admit to a problem:)  

Thanks

Some are volunteers as far as I can tell.

My posts are based on what I read.  I open the forum and after reading about a dozen or so posts about problems AFTER a firmware, I begin to put 2 and 2 together.  I used to battle the whole "I gotta get the latest wiz bang firmware update', but that's a lost cause.

You can't fix broken.

Thanks again.

Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7