Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50V Orbi Voice Can not go back to Satellite mode

clvk07
Tutor

RBK50V Orbi Voice Can not go back to Satellite mode

Hi

I put the Orbi voice in extender mode, (had to flash the extender firmware) and now when I try to flash the orbi mode firmware it fails (upgrade failed check the file), any suggestion on how to revert back to satellite mode?   

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Flashing the firmware doesn't switch mode. There's 2 versions of firmware on the RBS40V and the satellite actually stores them both. It switches between them based off switching mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061089/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-Voice-in-Orbi-Mode

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

This is the original RBS40V, correct? (not the RBS40v-200?)

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@clvk07 wrote:

Hi

I put the Orbi voice in extender mode, (had to flash the extender firmware) and now when I try to flash the orbi mode firmware it fails (upgrade failed check the file), any suggestion on how to revert back to satellite mode?   

Did you attempt firmware load through the Orbi router Advanced Tab->Administration->Firmware Update-> Manual Tab, or by connecting directly to the RBS40V web page?

Message 3 of 7
clvk07
Tutor

@CrimpOn wrote:

@clvk07 wrote:

Hi

Did you attempt firmware load through the Orbi router Advanced Tab->Administration->Firmware Update-> Manual Tab, or by connecting directly to the RBS40V web page?

Hi

Yes it is the original RBK40V.  I reseated the voice to factory settings, connected to the netgear_ext SSID IP 192.168.1.250 and then went to advanced, firmware manual upload 

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Flashing the firmware doesn't switch mode. There's 2 versions of firmware on the RBS40V and the satellite actually stores them both. It switches between them based off switching mode. 

Message 5 of 7
clvk07
Tutor

@plemans wrote:

tried that all good, thanks 

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Glad it fixed it for you!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos