Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50V satellite vs RBK50

Eddo_Edster
Follower

RBK50V satellite vs RBK50

Hi all,

Is there a performance difference between the Orbi voice satellite vs the "normal" satellite? I am not crying out for an Alexa speaker (mainly use Google Assistant) but an additional speaker would be nice in the area I have in mind for the satellite, but not if I have to pay a premium for lower performance. I notice reviews that it is based on the RBk44, and not the RBK50 satellite, hence why I am asking. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK50V satellite vs RBK50

The main difference from the RBS40V and the RBS50V is the wireless backhaul. RBS40V has 866mbps backhaul and the RBS50 has 1766mbps. 

I've never noticed a differnce with mine other than when max speed testing. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The main difference from the RBS40V and the RBS50V is the wireless backhaul. RBS40V has 866mbps backhaul and the RBS50 has 1766mbps. 

I've never noticed a differnce with mine other than when max speed testing. 

Message 2 of 5
robmora
Aspirant

Hello.   I am trying to make a purchase decision.   The RBK50 is $100 more than the RBK50V.   I don't think I care about voice and would rather have the two ports, but then again I'd rather save $100 right now.  I have an older home and don't think I can put the speaker in a useful place, which is why I would rather have the ports.   Are there any other differenes between the two that I am missing?

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 5
robmora
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the table.   That was helpful and I appreciate your effort.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7