Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK53 Ethernet Backhaul

DaveJG
Aspirant

RBK53 Ethernet Backhaul

wireless works great, but have not been able to get ethernet backhaul to work.  connected with gigabit switch, updated to latest software....any ideas or experiences here?  when I connect to ethernet ports, internet drops out.  do i need to wait for a period of time or is there a sequence that is important?  just not sure what step I am missing.  

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
budy
Luminary

Betreff: RBK53 Ethernet Backhaul

Usually, I was syncing the satellite wirelessly to my router first and then connected the ethernet to LAN1 of my router and LAN1 of my satellite, both of which run through my Zyxel switch. The resync took one or two minutes, but that was all. After updating to 2.1.2.18 though, I had to reset the sat to facotry defaults, since it wouldn't show up in the web UI, but worked nonetheless.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 2 of 5
DaveJG
Aspirant

thanks.  tried patience last night and it seems to have paid off...thereis a reset period of several minutes that seems to transpire before the internet comes back....

next question about this is if anyone has experience plugging other ethernet devices into the gigabit switch that is used for satellites.  does the switch need to be dedicated to only orbi router and satellites or can other devices join in on the link?

Message 3 of 5
budy
Luminary

From what I could see in the terminal, the bridge is setup to prioritize traffic over LAN, so you should not have any issues, plus full ethernet speeds for devices connected to the LAN ports of your satellite - they will go directly down the LAN.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
DaveJG
Aspirant

Thanks Budy...planning to give it a go this weekend.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7