Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK53 QOS SETUP

GAP1
Aspirant

RBK53 QOS SETUP

Ok, I have symetrical 100/100 internet service. The most I can get out of my Orbi is 100 D and 10 UP.  I wanted to make sure the QOS was not restricting it. 

V2.5.0.38

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK53 QOS SETUP

Are you wired to the back of the RBR when speed testing? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? Try this and setup from scratch and be sure to not enable the QoS speed test after completing the setup wizard. Also don't enable any Circle, Amor or Traffic Meter features. Run a speed test with your wired PC and Ooklas installable speed test app. 

Message 2 of 4
wchp
Luminary

I have 1000/40 from Comcast and reliably get 41-42 Mbps upstream via wireless. I am also using a CM1100 Cable modem that supports those speeds. The router should not be limiting your bandwidth. I would concur and make sure you are testing with wired connection. Also you do not list what version of firmware you are running on the router. ?

@GAP1 wrote:

Ok, I have symetrical 100/100 internet service. The most I can get out of my Orbi is 100 D and 10 UP.  I wanted to make sure the QOS was not restricting it. 

V2.5.0.38

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

And your getting 900Mbps down on the WAN to LAN side? 

I wish mine and others would. 

He listed the FW version. Same version Im using. 

@wchp wrote:

I have 1000/40 from Comcast and reliably get 41-42 Mbps upstream via wireless. I am also using a CM1100 Cable modem that supports those speeds. The router should not be limiting your bandwidth. I would concur and make sure you are testing with wired connection. Also you do not list what version of firmware you are running on the router. ?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7