Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK53 - Thermostat will not re-connect to network after power outage

MASTERNC
Initiate

RBK53 - Thermostat will not re-connect to network after power outage

I have a Nexia-enabled thermostat with my American Standard heat pump that connects to wifi for remote control.  I bought the Orbi system last weekend and set everything to connect to it, including this thermostat.  There was a power outage on Friday when I was away and it must have caused the thermostat to lose the wifi connection.  I noticed last night I could not control remotely.  When I went to connect my thermostat, however, it said it was unable to connect to my Orbi network.  I have done it four or five times with no success.  I even went into the Orbi settings and deleted and manually entered the MAC address for the thermostat.  No other device seems to have the same issue (though it took multiple tries to connect some other IOT devices initially to Orbi last weekend).  Any suggestions to try?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
MASTERNC
Initiate

Sorry for the false alarm - got it to work. Was going to toggle wireless off and on but the thermostat would not turn wireless off. I had to find a reboot function in a technician screen. It finally worked after reboot.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
MASTERNC
Initiate

Sorry for the false alarm - got it to work. Was going to toggle wireless off and on but the thermostat would not turn wireless off. I had to find a reboot function in a technician screen. It finally worked after reboot.
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements