Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK53 - en mode Point d'accès - Mu-MIMO plante tout !

C_Christian
Aspirant

RBK53 - en mode Point d'accès - Mu-MIMO plante tout !

Bonsoir,

Jusqu'à présent mon routeur Orbi 50 et mes deux satellites Orbi 50 fonctionnaient parfaitement en Daisy Chain et en mode Point d'accès (connecté à ma box Orange). J'avais même le triple-play.

J'ai voulu cocher la case Mu-MIMO dans les paramètres depuis l'interface Web et ... patatras...

Le routeur n'a pas redémarré.

Il a semple-t-il fait planter aussi la box Orange. J'ai dû la redémarrer.

Depuis je n'arrive plus à accéder à mon routeur, depuis l'appli ORBI ni même avec un cable Ethernet branché derrière !

Il clignote en blanc longtemps puis affiche la couleur magenta.

Que puis-je faire ?

Merci de m'aider.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK53 - en mode Point d'accès - Mu-MIMO plante tout !

You can try a "Factory Reset" and set up the Orbi using the web interface from a wired computer.
As you did before, proceed to the Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup, Router/AP Mode and switch into AP mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

I see no reason that Mu-MIMO should have caused the Orbi to fail.

Google Traduction:

Vous pouvez essayer une «réinitialisation d'usine» et configurer l'Orbi à l'aide de l'interface Web à partir d'un ordinateur câblé.
Comme vous l'avez fait auparavant, passez à l'onglet Avancé, Configuration avancée, Mode routeur / AP et passez en mode AP.

Je ne vois aucune raison pour laquelle Mu-MIMO aurait dû faire échouer l'Orbi.

Bonne chance

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

You can try a "Factory Reset" and set up the Orbi using the web interface from a wired computer.
As you did before, proceed to the Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup, Router/AP Mode and switch into AP mode.

I see no reason that Mu-MIMO should have caused the Orbi to fail.

Google Traduction:

Vous pouvez essayer une «réinitialisation d'usine» et configurer l'Orbi à l'aide de l'interface Web à partir d'un ordinateur câblé.
Comme vous l'avez fait auparavant, passez à l'onglet Avancé, Configuration avancée, Mode routeur / AP et passez en mode AP.

Je ne vois aucune raison pour laquelle Mu-MIMO aurait dû faire échouer l'Orbi.

Bonne chance

Message 2 of 7
C_Christian
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer and the video !

Effectively, I changed the parameter Mu-MIMO to activated it (I am in "Access Point" mode) and clicked on the "Apply" button... and the router did not reboot properly. So I turned it off with the button but when I turned it on again it did not seem to reboot (I waited 10 minutes) and I obtained the magenta ligth above (perhaps because my Internet Box had also crashed at this time - but I have not seen it).

After that, I realised my Internet box was down (no one at home could access to Internet) and rebooted it. I used a paperclip to reset the router but I did not wait until the led flash amber: I just pushed it one second.

Doing so, the router rebooted and preserved all the configuration I have enter before: the good network name (and password) and the new parameter Mu-MIMO active!

Now it works like that, and I am afraid to change another parameter...

The strange thing is that the router crashed and made the Internet box behind crashed also! My firmware is v2.3.5.30, the last one I presume.

Normally, when changing a parameter, how much time does the router take to reboot? (I have 2 satellites RBS50 with the router RBR50).

And should I be connected with the Ethernet wire to change the parameters of the router?

Best regards,
Christian.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@C_Christian wrote:

After that, I realised my Internet box was down (no one at home could access to Internet) and rebooted it. I used a paperclip to reset the router but I did not wait until the led flash amber: I just pushed it one second.

Doing so, the router rebooted and preserved all the configuration I have enter before: the good network name (and password) and the new parameter Mu-MIMO active!  Aha.  This is better than my advice.  In future, I will recommend trying this first.

The strange thing is that the router crashed and made the Internet box behind crashed also! My firmware is v2.3.5.30, the last one I presume. The latest formware is 2.5.1.16 which can be downloaded from the Netgear support site and installed manually using the web interface.  Unless the release notes for 2.5.1.8 and 2.5.1.16 indicate that it resolves a problem you are experiencing, there is urgency to apply it.  (I have not, but others have and report that it works.  Some others complain about "new issues.")

Normally, when changing a parameter, how much time does the router take to reboot? (I have 2 satellites RBS50 with the router RBR50).  My experience is that changing some parameters is "instant".  Changing some other parameters seems to essentially "restart" the entire radio system, which can take two minutes.  This feels like a LONG time.

And should I be connected with the Ethernet wire to change the parameters of the router?

This is my practice, mostly because it is so convenient with my Orbi located next to my desktop computer.

Thank you for reporting success!

Message 4 of 7
C_Christian
Aspirant

Hello CrimpOn!

Thanks for your help.

You said :

The latest formware is 2.5.1.16 which can be downloaded from the Netgear support site and installed manually using the web interface.

Are you really sure that firmware v2.5.1.16 is the "good" one, for RBR50 and RBS50?  

Because, when I installed the routeur and its satellites last week, for the first time after purchase, it asked for an automatic upgrade of the firmware and only installed the v2.3.5.30!  Quite an old version, if 2.5.1.16 is the last!

Why v2.5.1.16 is not installed automatically?

And the last question: I saw in the download section of Netgear's site that there are 2 firmwares to download.

One for RBS50 and one for RBR50. I also read the manual to see how to upgrade the stellite RBS50 (before the router) and the router, but how does it work with 2 satellites RBS50 connected to the router?

The 2 upgrades are done in the same time?

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Christian.  (I always stress when I have to install manually a new firmware or bios... )

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Firmware update is a "hot topic" on the user forum.  Netgear's Orbi product has a poor track record with regard to firmware updates.  On more than one occasion, new firmware has introduced serious problems.  There have been several since 2.4.5.30 that were quietly withdrawn after unexpected problem.  2.5.1.16 has been out about two months and many users report that it is stable and has resolved problems with how devices are displayed on the system information displays.  (I plan to update to it "when I get around to it."  That is to say,I feel no sense of urgency, but will probably run out of "things to do" soon.)

The approved practice is to update satellites first (one at a time in no particular order) and update the router last.

I agree that doing a manual firmware update is stressful and has a tiny chance of "going wrong".  Unless 2.3.5.30 does not meet your needs, I suggest remaining on it.

Message 6 of 7
C_Christian
Aspirant

I do not know if I have problems with the display of the devices on the system information screen... It seems to work for me...

"2.5.1.16 has been out about two months and many users report that it is stable": thanks for your feedback!

So I think I will try to upload this firmware in a few days (when no one works at home with the wifi).

v2.3.5.30 has a big problem for me: each time I want to change a parameter that reboots the system, it crashes and give me a hadache to restart!

I will cross my fingers and hope I will run!

Thanks CrimOn!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7