Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK53 mixed with other mesh

Cdr7304
Follower

RBK53 mixed with other mesh

I recently set up RBK53 with 2 Satellites.  I was previously using a PLUME mesh system.

can I connect my Plumex to the Orbi to get better connectivity in parts of the house?  Right know I’m not sure the Orbi is better than the Plume.  Master Plume Pod we need to be connected to fhe Orbi via Ethernet.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
st_shaw
Master

Re: RBK53 mixed with other mesh

@Cdr7304 wrote:

I recently set up RBK53 with 2 Satellites.  I was previously using a PLUME mesh system.

can I connect my Plumex to the Orbi to get better connectivity in parts of the house?  Right know I’m not sure the Orbi is better than the Plume.  Master Plume Pod we need to be connected to fhe Orbi via Ethernet.

You can, but you might not get optimal results from either system.

1) Unless you can place Plume in access point mode, you will be running two routers.  This might cause slower performance and might cause issues with some applications.  It might work well enough though.

2) If the Orbi and Plume are placed such that their WiFi signals overlap, they might slow each other down due to interference and sharing the same WiFi channels.  If Plume is far enough away, it might work well enough.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7