Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK53V - Is the satellite w/Alex a full strength satellite?

mdezrin
Aspirant

RBK53V - Is the satellite w/Alex a full strength satellite?

I'm looking at the RBK53V mesh system. I'm intrigued because of Alexa and trying to find out if the satellite w/the alexa speaker is the same as the other satellites. When you look at add-on satellites, the Alexa is much cheaper than a regular satellite. I'd think it would be the opposite and it makes me wonder what the deal is with respect to the specs.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Its a prett good deal. I recommend it frequently. 

The alexa satellite is a RBS40V. It has the 866mbps backhaul of the other satellites (other than the 50 series).

the 50 series use a 1733mbps backhaul so have a little better backhaul. Theres not a whole lot of difference in performance though. 

I've used both 50 series, 40 series, and the alexa satellite and don't notice any difference in performance unless i'm doing max speed testing. And then its only noticable if hardwired into the satellite. 

Message 2 of 5
mdezrin
Aspirant

THANK YOU!!!!!! 

That is exactly what I was missing! I was like damn this looks to good to be true. And it kind of is. But in a good way. 40 vs 50 is fine and I missed that nuance. What a price difference on buying a 2nd 40/Alexa satellite (currently $99) vs. a 50 satellite ($239)!

Do you know the difference between the Orbi Pro WiFi 5 (SRK60) and the RBK50s?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

hardware wise, they're the same. The SRK50 is more designed for business class and includes business class features/support. 

Message 4 of 5
moasle333
Aspirant

But what puzzles me is why it does not connect wired? It definitely used to, I am not sure whether there has been an updated router firmware involved or not but I have read about it, all of a sudden the LG device would not connect.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7