Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK753S in AP Mode

CDELL801
Aspirant

RBK753S in AP Mode

Just installed my Firewalla Purple, set my Orbi  RBK753S in AP mode and it looks like all of the wireless  connections are just going to the main  RBR750 and none of the   satellites have any  wireless connections to them anymore, they do show online and good connection and when looking at the network map in the app, the wirless devices now far away from the main router have a poor signal, is this normal in AP mode?  Are the  satellite's  now only good for wired connections?   Firmware Version V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CDELL801
Aspirant

@CrimpOn wrote:

Changing from router mode to access point (AP) mode causes the entire Orbi system to reboot.  This might be a case of lots of frantic devices saying, "Where did my WiFi go?...... Oh, THERE it is." and connecting to the router because it is the first unit to begin broadcasting the WiFi SSID.

It might be interesting to power cycle some of those devices that 'should' be connecting to a satellite and see where they connect.

I have tried that,  but I have not rebooted all of the orbi's since I setup the Firewalla Purple.  Maybe I will reboot them and then try the devices again, but should they show up under the satellites connected devices? 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Changing from router mode to access point (AP) mode causes the entire Orbi system to reboot.  This might be a case of lots of frantic devices saying, "Where did my WiFi go?...... Oh, THERE it is." and connecting to the router because it is the first unit to begin broadcasting the WiFi SSID.

It might be interesting to power cycle some of those devices that 'should' be connecting to a satellite and see where they connect.

Message 2 of 5
CDELL801
Aspirant

@CrimpOn wrote:

I have tried that,  but I have not rebooted all of the orbi's since I setup the Firewalla Purple.  Maybe I will reboot them and then try the devices again, but should they show up under the satellites connected devices? 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

For your future needs, Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
CDELL801
Aspirant

Good call on the reboot, I rebooted  Orbi and then things started to attact to the  satellites over wifi again.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7