Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 internet connection with iPhone 12

Francis_Li
Follower

RBK852 internet connection with iPhone 12

Hello, I have just installed RBK852 AX6000 Orbi Tri-band Wifi 6 Mesh System. It works very well. However, my iPhone 12 cannot connect with certain apps using the Wifi network. I need to change to mobile data network, get into the apps and then change back to Wifi network to continue. Similar problem when I used my previous Nighthawk Wifi router. No problem for my other Android devices and computers. Is it caused by the iPhone settings? All devices and routers have updated firmware. The internet connection to the router is good with high speed.
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK852 internet connection with iPhone 12

Please visit and post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: RBK852 internet connection with iPhone 12

@Francis_Li wrote:
Hello, I have just installed RBK852 AX6000 Orbi Tri-band Wifi 6 Mesh System. It works very well. However, my iPhone 12 cannot connect with certain apps using the Wifi network. I need to change to mobile data network, get into the apps and then change back to Wifi network to continue. Similar problem when I used my previous Nighthawk Wifi router. No problem for my other Android devices and computers. Is it caused by the iPhone settings? All devices and routers have updated firmware. The internet connection to the router is good with high speed.

Which specific iPhone apps are you having problems with and what do you mean by "can't get into"?  Understanding the details of the connection errors will help us pinpoint why being connected to the mobile carrier network vs. your home WiFi network would make a difference.

If these apps are trying to access other local devices in your home network then it might be related to the iPhone app settings.  Go to Settings, pull down to reveal the searchbox at the top, type the name of the app. click into that app's settings.  Verify the "Local Network" is enabled as well as "Cellular Data".

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7