Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 with RBS50

Happychap
Aspirant

RBK852 with RBS50

So I just upgraded my Orbi network with the RBK852 model. I already was using the outdoor satellite RBS50 with my older orbi. Spent hours trying to sync the outdoor with the new system to no avail. I came on here and see many threads about others having the same issue for the last year. I can’t believe NG have not yet come with a firmware update for this. I can’t even connect when in extender mode. So i have to pack the new orbi away for now unless anyone knows of some fix?
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK852 with RBS50

@Happychap wrote:
So I just upgraded my Orbi network with the RBK852 model. I already was using the outdoor satellite RBS50 with my older orbi. Spent hours trying to sync the outdoor with the new system to no avail. I came on here and see many threads about others having the same issue for the last year. I can’t believe NG have not yet come with a firmware update for this. I can’t even connect when in extender mode. So i have to pack the new orbi away for now unless anyone knows of some fix?

Would be helpful if you can double check the model number of the "outdoor satellite".  RBS50Y is the model number of the only "outdoor" Orbi model.  This product has two firmwares (1) as an integrated satellite with the original Orbi product, and (2) as an "extender" with any WiFi router from any vendor.  Is this post about the RBS50Y or about an RBS50??

Message 2 of 6
Happychap
Aspirant

Its RBS50Y. I am able to get the outdoor into extender mode in that i can go through the steps but when it comes to the step to connect to a wifi network it doesnt connect and the light turns pink.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you trying to connect the RBSY near the RBR or in the same room as the RBR or at the remote location? Try near the RBR first. 

@Happychap wrote:
Its RBS50Y. I am able to get the outdoor into extender mode in that i can go through the steps but when it comes to the step to connect to a wifi network it doesnt connect and the light turns pink.

Message 4 of 6
Happychap
Aspirant

In the same room.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd contact NG support to see about this. Possible FW out of sync issue with newer versions of FW for Orbi AX. Something NG will need to look into. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7