Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 - unable to assign IP addresses

Alextkexichi
Aspirant

RBK853 - unable to assign IP addresses

Hello and thanks in advance for your help - let me know if there's somewhere else more appropriate to ask this question please.

When I attempt to assign IP addresses to devices on my network (Advanced -> Setup -> LAN Setup) and add devices, assign IPs, etc., when I APPLY the setting, my router give me a 404 error and the settings never apply. I've also attempted reboots. When I log back in the router, I can see the work saved, but the Attached Devices are not on the assigned IPs. Am I missing a step here?

I am using the RBK853 Orbi and logging into the RBR850 that is on Firmware v3.2.18.1_1.4.14. This appears to be the latest avaialble firmware.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Alextkexichi
Aspirant

Re: RBK853 - unable to assign IP addresses

To close the look for anyone looking, factory reset solved the issue. Was not as painful as I thought it would be either.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, Netgear has a community forum set up specifically for the AX product line:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

There is a chance that someone who has your product will notice a post in that forum.

Just in general, that 404 error is not supposed to happen.

Assigning IP addresses is also a bit goofy because Netgear's DHCP process seems to give devices the IP address they try to renew before it looks in the reservation table.  When a device gets "stuck" on an IP address that I do not want it to have, my workaround has been:

• Turn the device off.
  • Get out an old smartphone and configure it with that IP (static IP assignment).
  • It will get on the network.
  • Then, power on the troublesome device. It will ask, "can I have my IP again?". Orbi will do an ARP and decide, "Nope. there's already a device on the network with that IP.  Oh, LOOK, here in this nice table it says you should have THIS IP address. Here."

Can you give that process a try?

Message 2 of 5
Alextkexichi
Aspirant

Hey CrimpOn and thanks for the response. I've copied/reposted this question in the forum you referenced along with some more details.

FYI, I stated I was receiving a 404 error, but it's actually a 400 bad request error. 

RBK853 - unable to assign IP addresses - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 5
Alextkexichi
Aspirant

To close the look for anyone looking, factory reset solved the issue. Was not as painful as I thought it would be either.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7