Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK854 has never worked

benjamindodd
Follower

RBK854 has never worked

Has anyone been able to receive any type of customer service during this Covid pandemic? I bought a WiFi mesh system that has never been able to connect to the satilites. I have called problem 8 times in the past 10 days to get support, and I can't even get a replacement sent out to me. I finally told them I want to return the system and get a refund, after being on hold for 30 minutes they finally just hung up on me. This is VERY frustrating and wondering if this is common, or just an anomaly?

Message 1 of 6
vajim
Master

Re: RBK854 has never worked

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@benjamindodd wrote:

Has anyone been able to receive any type of customer service during this Covid pandemic? I bought a WiFi mesh system that has never been able to connect to the satilites. I have called problem 8 times in the past 10 days to get support, and I can't even get a replacement sent out to me. I finally told them I want to return the system and get a refund, after being on hold for 30 minutes they finally just hung up on me. This is VERY frustrating and wondering if this is common, or just an anomaly?

Look at the Better Business Bureau report on Netgear.https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-jose/profile/internet-service/netgear-inc-1216-210357/customer-reviews 

What has worked for some people is to send a private message to a forum moderator and explain the situation, including the personal iniformation that should not bee posted on a public forum (order numbers, case number, how to contact you, etc.)  Click on a moderator name (they have a "Capital N" after their screen name where we have goofy pictures.)

Message 3 of 6
No1Mportnt
Luminary

It seems these days that Covid is an excuse for everything.  It is really frustrating to hear that everytime you have an issue with something.  

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@benjamindodd wrote:

Assuming this purchase was directlly from Netgear.  Many retailers have liberal return policies (Amazon, Best Buy, Costco).

While waiting for success with Netgear, either on the phone or through one of the forum moderators, it might be worth taking a few minutes to describe the situation.

• Does the RBR850 router connect to the internet correctly and create a WiFi network correctly?
    (Devices can connect to it and access the internet?)
  • Is this Orbi being set up using the web interface or the Orbi "app"?

At times during a setup, I have elected to "skip" the step of connecting satellites and finished setting up the router first.  (Satellites can be added at any time.)

Message 5 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @benjamindodd

According to our records, your case is currently being attended to by the support team and schedule callback is already set.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7