Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBKR50

rkevinburton
Follower

RBKR50

I recently replaced my cable modem and now I cannot get the ORBI to work. I try to trun off the router then plugin the satelite, wait for the satelite to flash magenta (which is does eventually). The problem is that the router starts flashing magenta and the satelite ring lite goes off. Ideas?

As an aside I don't know how to access the configuration of the ORBI. I know when I set it up I setup an admin login.

Message 1 of 3
Streak2
Master

Try and restart your modem, then attach the orbi router via it's yellow port to a port on the modem.

The flashing magenta means the WAN port link is down, the router is unable to get the IP address from the modem or ISP, or the router is unable to connect to the Internet.

You access the config. by going to orbilogin.com but this wont work if the modem can not see the Orbi.

Message 2 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Did you work with your cable provider when you replaced your cable modem?  They need to know your modem's MAC address to provide service, so if not then that's why your modem can't connect to the internet (WAN).  Just call them to set this up.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7