Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 20

dorisjean62
Follower

RBR 20

i

Needing Help! Where on this god forsaken site can I access to change my Router password? there is Zero Links, Zip. Not a one and their Support team sucks, will not help me, sent me to tech support where no human beings are. Please Details.... Not a simple answer or just something otu of the blue.. I need details... Thanks

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR 20

Facory reset the RBR by pressing the back button for 15 seconds and setup from scratch. Use a wired PC and web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. Be sure to write down all important information for safe keeping later on. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR 20

@dorisjean62 wrote:

Needing Help! Where on this god forsaken site can I access to change my Router password?

There are actually three passwords for Netgear Orbi systems, so it might help to clarify which of them needs to be changed.

1. The Orbi comes "out of the box", preset with a WiFi name (SSID) and password that are printed on the product label.
    Many people change them (both) to something else.  There is an option in the Orbi web interface to change this password.on the "Wireless" web page.  If the Orbi is "Factory Reset" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 , then the WiFi name and password are reset to the values on the product label.
  2. The Orbi also has a password protecting the administrative web interface.  "Out of the box" the credentials are set to "admin" and "password".  During setup, the user is hounded (almost forced) to change the password to something hard to guess.  The user name remains "admin" and cannot be changed from the web interface.  This password can be changed on the Orbi web interface by clicking on the Advanced Tab, Administration, Set Password.  BUT... what if the user enters a password and the Orbi rejects it as invalid?  In that case there are two options: (a) be rejected three times in a row and the Orbi will bring up a web page offering to perform "Password Recovery" in which the user enters the product serial number and answers some personal questions exactly as they were entered during setup.  (I have done this, and it works.  It also does not work if the three questions were not entered correctly during setup.  I have done that, also.)  (b) Perform a "Factory Reset" (see above) and the admin password is reset to "password."
  3. The Orbi "app" also has credentials: the user name and password used to access this forum.

So, not knowing precisely which password needs to be changed (and why), this is "what I got."

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7