Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR 50 Satellite

chanman870
Follower

RBR 50 Satellite

I have an Orbi AC3000 Tri-band Wi-Fi System, and I cahnged the names of both satellites so I could tell which one was which, now they dont show up as satellites on the app it says NA. However, they show up as connected devices now. Any ideas why it does this? 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the name show up if you use the default name? 

Maybe a bug in that if you use a custom name, the app doesnt recognize it...only uses the default name. 

@Blanca_O

Message 2 of 4
ekhalil
Master

You should be able to name your satellites as you wish. I'm using my own names for the satellites without any issue. 

Please get the following information that will give us information about what the router knows about your satellite-1:

1. From a browser go to the router's debug page (http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm). Use your router's IP address
  2. Enter admin as user name and your router’s management password
  3. Tick "Enable Telnet" option
  4. Use Telnet to connect to your Router telnet 192.168.1.1 and enter admin and the same password as above
  5. Enter the following commands:
    • config get orbi_dev_name1

• config get satellite_online_num

• config get satellite1

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @chanman870

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance. Were you able to try ekhalil's suggestion? 

I tested this in our laboratory and was not able to reproduce the issue. I was able to change the Orbi Satellite name and this shows up correctly on the Orbi App. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7