Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 750, I have to frequently "re-boot" when the app won't work.

dep14
Aspirant

RBR 750, I have to frequently "re-boot" when the app won't work.

I've had our RBR 750 system for a little over a year now.  When it's working, it's not too bad.  

Last year I frequently found that the app would not work.  It would tell me it was not connected to the network, while the network was still working great.  But, if I had shut down certain computers or ipads etc... I wouldn't be able to turn them back onto the network.  

At that time, I would have to reboot the system from scratch and start over.

Fast forward to the past few months.  I still often have issues with the app not working, but if I unplug, and plug the central ORBI RBR 750 router back in - that almost always does the trick.  It's a bit of a pain.  I simply wish the system would "work".  I probably have to unplug it 1-2 times a week now.  An annoyance.

I do have a netgear cable-modem/router that plugs into the ORBI RBR 750.  But, I did disable it as a router completely so as to eliminate that as an issue from day 1.  It simply functions as a cable modem.

Thanks for any help.

I would really like to find other ways to limit my kids internet time etc, but I don't want to add any completxity to this system now.  

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR 750, I have to frequently "re-boot" when the app won't work.

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7