Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR/RBS 10 and RBK 12/13/14/15 Firmware Version 2.7.4.24 Released

KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

RBR/RBS 10 and RBK 12/13/14/15 Firmware Version 2.7.4.24 Released

New Features and Enhancements:

• Admin password brute force attack prevention
  • Admin password strength enforcement
  • EU data analytics opt-out

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the issue where the backup config file is an incorrect file after some configuration change

Security Fixes:

• Fixes security vulnerabilities.

For more information about security vulnerabilities, visit https://www.netgear.com/about/security

Download Link:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk12.aspx#download

Firmware Update Instructions for Manual update:

Orbi Satellite:

https://kb.netgear.com/000037217/How-do-I-check-and-manually-upgrade-the-firmware-on-my-Orbi-satelli...

Orbi Router:

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

The update applies to the following Orbi devices:

• RBK12
  • RBK13
  • RBK14
  • RBK15
  • RBR10
  • RBS10

Let me know if you have any additional questions!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 1 of 6
old586whizz
Aspirant

I've checked the firmware update section in the router and it's still not appearing as an automatic update.

Is this required to be manual?

... If so - why? Doesn't that mean that a security update won't be applied to so many routers out there?

--

Old586whizz

Message 2 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Old586whizz, 

The customer is not required to update their Orbi system manually. Updates are pushed out incrementally to ensure user and network compatibility. Downloading the software manually once it is available will enable the user to get the update before it is automatically pushed out. Eventually, every person with one of these systems will be notified of the latest update through the Orbi app or the web GUI. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Baltobeard
Aspirant

The orbilogin.com link doesn't work. I'm using an iMac connected to the router via ethernet. I doesn't work on my mobile device either.

Will this update fix the issue where I can't control the Orbi via the app, or any other means?

Message 4 of 6
old586whizz
Aspirant

Almost 1 month later and the automatic firmware checker still didn't show up... For something that specifically mentions "security" patching..
I had to download the files manually and upload them.

Also, your RBS links above (and in all the other pages) point to the OLD 2.7.3.x firmware version instead of the newer one.. So I had to change those manually to even download the proper version of the firmware!!
--
Old586whizz
Message 5 of 6
Vadha1
Aspirant

I seen the update and am ignoring it for now after what happened with the previous firmware update. The previous F'd up firmware you all released destroyed my network. I ended up having to factory reset and re-setup over forty smart devices in my house because of your companies spastic programming. My favorite part is you all wanted us to pay you to help us fix your F up. My network still isn't 100% fixed, since i re-setup everything one of my satellites stays on a blue light, nothing connects to it and it keeps restarting. My fix for this will be to light this mesh system on fire and replace it a better companies mesh network that doesn't charge me to fix your mistakes.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7