Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR/RBS50 Connection Type question

salevine
Aspirant

RBR/RBS50 Connection Type question

I have an RBR 50/RBS50 setup.  The satellite is connected to the network via cable so I could get fastest connectionss. When I look at the control panel under "Connection Type" on the satellite - it shows 5G.  Shouldn't that show network or wired??  Under Backhaul status it says "Good". The main router is at version 2.5.1.16  ,.. the satellite is at the same firware version. at the top level of the router panel, it shows the satellite connected. At the firmware update page on the router itself - it doesn't show that the satellite is connected and it shows the old firmware.  I am very confused as to what's going on.

Thanks for your help.

Stacey

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR/RBS50 Connection Type question

Yes it should...

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Is RBS directly connected to the RBR or via a switch? 
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?
https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Message 2 of 4
salevine
Aspirant

So its working now. At some point, i guess I moved the main base station and the wire got plugged into the WAN port instead of one of the numbered ports. Once I moved it - it solved that problem. Now I just get the light always being pink, but that is fine.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

How do you mean? 

The WAN port on the RBR should be connected to the ISP Modem or host router. 

Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Is RBS directly connected to the RBR or via a switch? 
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7