Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR10 ... I can't get the satelites to sync

Bubbacc
Follower

RBR10 ... I can't get the satelites to sync

I'm new to Mesh Routers. I have a RBR10.... Orbi Router with 2 "satelites".

I'm using Windows 10 on my desktop and the latest IOS on my Iphone.

I have the Orbi Router working ... solid Blue LED light. Desktop connected via Ethernet cable ... that appears to be working fine.

But I can't get either of the satelites to sync. Both satelites are "close" to the router ... within 10 feet ... currently in the same room!  

I "expected" to see an "Orbi_setup" wifi network ... via looking on my Iphone ... but I don't.  

Any help will be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Nixter1318
Aspirant

Re: RBR10 ... I can't get the satelites to sync

I can't belive I got someone who speaks english and helpful! Here are the steps we took and mine are working:

Press and hold the reset on the back of the satellites for 30 seconds (not sure why so long, I know I tried 5 - 10 seconds with no luck), then unplug the router for 60 seconds, once the router is back online, go into the orbi app and click on the add satellite, then just like that it all works. Hopefully this works for you as well.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Nixter1318
Aspirant

Was this purchased from walmart?

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Bubbacc wrote:

I have the Orbi Router working ... solid Blue LED light. Desktop connected via Ethernet cable ... that appears to be working fine.

I "expected" to see an "Orbi_setup" wifi network ... via looking on my Iphone ... but I don't.  

I believe you are correct that when the "10" series Orbi comes "out of the box", it is supposed to broadcast "orbi_setup" as the WiFi SSID. (makes no sense to why Netgear would make this one product different from all the previous Orbi routers [sigh])  I am also guessing that there is not a WiFi SSID/password printed on the RBR10 product label.

Since the desktop is connected with an ethernet cable, how about opening a web browser and connecting to "http://orbilogin.net"

(or, if that does not work, open a command window and type ipconfig /all, which will reveal the IP address of the desktop and the IP address of the internent gateway (the Orbi router).

The web interface login is usually "admin" and "password".

Message 3 of 4
Nixter1318
Aspirant

I can't belive I got someone who speaks english and helpful! Here are the steps we took and mine are working:

Press and hold the reset on the back of the satellites for 30 seconds (not sure why so long, I know I tried 5 - 10 seconds with no luck), then unplug the router for 60 seconds, once the router is back online, go into the orbi app and click on the add satellite, then just like that it all works. Hopefully this works for you as well.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7