Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR10 Issues with 4G/LTE Broadband Router with PoE

lostnfoundry
Follower

RBR10 Issues with 4G/LTE Broadband Router with PoE

I live in a rural community with limited internet provider options. Recently we were notified that Viaero wireless had bought the rights to our area, and I signed up with them. When the technician came out to hook us up, he could not get us a signal on their line of sight gear so he put us on their mobile internet service. The internet is coming into our house with a BEC MX-210NP 4G/LTE Broadband Router with PoE; which I have the Orbi RBR10 w/ 2 satellites connected to. The internet speed is better than before, but I am now experiencing issues that I didn't before; like:

1) When I try to use regularly used links or web addresses it will not let me access or will say 404 error, but if I hotspot to my phone the page comes up just fine.

2) My Apple T.V. will not stream, but only when I try to play them; I can access and select the movies

When I connect just to the new router and not the Orbi, I can play

Does anyone have any Ideas as to what I can do? I feel like I'm a crazy person. Thank you to all who read this

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR10 Issues with 4G/LTE Broadband Router with PoE

Is this the User Manual for your internet modem?

https://fccid.io/QI3BIL-MX210NP/User-Manual/Users-Manual-3904402 

Did you deactivate the router WiFi access point as indicated on page 38?

Since this device is a "router", most people would want to configure the Orbi as an Access Point (AP) rather than as a router.

This is on the Orbi web interface, the Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup (at the bottom of the menu).

There is probably a place in the manual to indicate what the actual bandwidth is over LTE.  I do not know how much bandwidth Apple tv streaming requires.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7