Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR14 - Are there any Email Notifications when Firmware Updates are available?

WhatsUpDOHC
Follower

RBR14 - Are there any Email Notifications when Firmware Updates are available?

Hello everyone - Are there any Email Notifications when Firmware Updates are available?  Thank you,  Mark

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR14 - Are there any Email Notifications when Firmware Updates are available?

@WhatsUpDOHC wrote:

Hello everyone - Are there any Email Notifications when Firmware Updates are available?  Thank you,  Mark

Yes, No, and "Oh My God".

In over four years, I have never received an email notice about new firmware. Never.

But, there are posts all the time that start out with, "I got an email from Netgear..."

Sometimes the post goes on to say, "But when I check, the Orbi says there is not any newer firmware."

Others go to to say, "and when I updated, my system now ...(something horrible)".

Firmware update is the single biggest cause of posts on the forum. 

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: RBR14 - Are there any Email Notifications when Firmware Updates are available?

@CrimpOn made my day! 

There is one more: People report having received update notifications for new version, claiming due to security issues, typically months after customers have already updated to that stated firmware version (and no word of a security fix in the release notes of course). 

That makes it "Yes, No, "Oh My God", and WT*.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7