Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR20 1 of 3 Nest cameras wont show or record video after power cut

migstermav
Aspirant

RBR20 1 of 3 Nest cameras wont show or record video after power cut

Hi, I have an RBR20 with 2 satellites. I have 3 nest cameras. After initial set up, they all worked fine, this conitinued for about 4 months. I had to cut power for electrical work, since the power cut,1 of the cameras will not connect. It usually connects to a satellite. I have tried connected to the router and changing wireless settings a variety of ways, nothing works. I have also factory reset the camera a several times. No dice. I can connect to the wifi no problem but it wont show a live feed. I cant move the camera as the cable is fed through the wall and the wall has been sealed. I am based in the UK. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that the 1 camera is faulty if the other 2 cameras are working. Check with the Cameras Mfr for additional help and information.

Message 2 of 16
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Possibly the camera is faulty.  To help verify this, swap its location with one of your working cameras to determine if it is a location WiFi issue, or if the problem follows the camera.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 16
migstermav
Aspirant

Thanks, I have been in contact and they are questioning wifi set up. I will keep trying with them
Message 4 of 16
migstermav
Aspirant

Unfortunately the cable is run through the outside wall which means I will need to open up a hole again to feed plug through, I was trying to avoid but I may have no choice. Thanks
Message 5 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it turns out. 

Message 6 of 16
nicholb
Luminary

Can you try connecting the camera to a WiFi hotspot from your phone? If so that would help you determine if the problem is in the camera or the Orbi. 

Message 7 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Since the user has the same model cameras and they connect to the Orbi fine, I presume that the one camera in question would be the problem and not the Orbi. However good idea to try a different wifi signal though. 

Message 8 of 16
migstermav
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it wont connect to my hotspot, not sure if it has to connect to a wifi as opposed to hotspot?

Message 9 of 16
nicholb
Luminary

WiFi shouldbe WiFi as long as the hotspot is using the correct band for the camera (5Ghz I think).

It is looking like it is the camera. At least if Google/Nest says it is the WiFi you can tell them you tried connecting to a different WiFi and that also did not work.

Message 10 of 16
migstermav
Aspirant

Ah maybe I didnt understand fully (im not the most knowledgeable on this). I tried to use a hotspot from my phone, which didnt work. The nests only work off 2.4Ghz in the UK and I dont know how to change the wifi. I will hopefully wrangle a new camera from them. Cheers

Message 11 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

If your other cameras are working and the one isn't, either with Orbi or your Hotspot, then it's the one camera. Hope they can replace it for you. 

@migstermav wrote:

Ah maybe I didnt understand fully (im not the most knowledgeable on this). I tried to use a hotspot from my phone, which didnt work. The nests only work off 2.4Ghz in the UK and I dont know how to change the wifi. I will hopefully wrangle a new camera from them. Cheers

Message 12 of 16
migstermav
Aspirant

thanks,can I just check that we are both talking about a hotspot from my phone?

Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Yep. 

Message 14 of 16
migstermav
Aspirant

cool, thanks

Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38