Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 2.3.5.26 Homekit not responding

KWAZ2484
Aspirant

RBR20 2.3.5.26 Homekit not responding

Hi Everyone,

Per the title you can kind of see ehat my problems are. I currently have 2 Apple TVs set up and I can get them to connect to the Homekit network, but whenever I try to set them to do some sort of automation, they go into the Not Responding status.

Is there a port that I need to open on the router to enable the Homekit to work? I want to get this ironed out before I start diving into more smart home products.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR20 2.3.5.26 Homekit not responding

I think this is an iOS issue that has been around for some time now. Have you done enough troubleshooting to locate where the problem is?

But first, are you sure that your Apple TV, is connected to a hub? Please go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud and make sure that your Apple TV shows HomeKit as Connected.

Message 2 of 4
KWAZ2484
Aspirant

I checked both Apple TV's say they are connected to "My Home". So maybe they are actually connected and able to work, but I'm just a moron and can't figure out the correct automation to be able to have them automatically turn on.

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

ok, so now if you use the Home app on your iPhone and long press on the Apple TV, do you get the play window?

What happens if you try to pause/play on the control panel? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7