Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR20 Internet Offline?

Batitan55
Aspirant

RBR20 Internet Offline?

I have a very intermittant issue with my RBR 20 saying the Internet is Offline but its is sort of offline.  If I try a new connection to a web page, email etc I get "Site not reachable or Can't find site xxx."   But connections that were up stay up, my work laptop VPN, some google devices, Instagram etc even speed test in the Orbi app works. Almost like a DNS issue. Very intermittant, like once a day at no particular time.  A reboot fixes it.  Nothing has changed hardware wise since it started.  My ISP is COX, I have my own modem, and same setup for over a year.

Is driving me crazy. Is an RBR20 with 2 Satellites.  Firmware is V2.6.2.104  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Batitan55
Aspirant

Cleared Traffic Meter to "off".  will keep me eye on it today.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Netgear engineers have communicated that there is a bug in the Traffic Meter feature which was triggered by Daylight Saving Time.

The "fix" is to use the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings, Traffic Meter (toward the bottom of the menu) and clear the box "Enable Traffic Meter."

Message 2 of 3
Batitan55
Aspirant

Cleared Traffic Meter to "off".  will keep me eye on it today.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7