Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 Latest Firmware 2.3.1.58 + Wifi Card Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Incompatible

CHrisFrench
Aspirant

RBR20 Latest Firmware 2.3.1.58 + Wifi Card Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Incompatible

Hello Guys

One laptop on Windows 10 Home Edition with wifi Card Qualcomm AtherosAR9485WB-EG is not able to connect to Orbi Wifi after latest firmware of RBR20 system

Thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
CHrisFrench
Aspirant

Re: RBR20 Latest Firmware 2.3.1.58 + Wifi Card Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Incompatible

Thanks Blanca

It is connecting now

To be honest I don't know the exact reason why...and I don have time to dig deeper on this

Best Regards

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR20 Latest Firmware 2.3.1.58 + Wifi Card Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Incompatible

Please give more details of your setup.

Is the computer in question closer to the Router or to the Satellite, if you have any Satellites?

As a first step in troubleshooting, please try to switch off the Satellite and see if the computer will manage to connect to the Router.

Message 2 of 10
CHrisFrench
Aspirant

Hello

Sorry for late answer

This is the only computer with the issue (3 other W10 computer either on satellite or router with no problem+ 1 linux with no problem)

The problem is with the router

PS: I am working in IT for 20 years so...

Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@CHrisFrench wrote:

One laptop on Windows 10 Home Edition with wifi Card Qualcomm AtherosAR9485WB-EG is not able to connect to Orbi Wifi after latest firmware of RBR20 system

Is it correct to assume that this Windows 10 computer was connected to Orbi WiFi before the firmware update?  On the Advanced Tab, under Security, Access Control, there is a table showing devices that are "Allowed devices not currently connected."  Does the MAC address for this device appear in that table?

Message 4 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

On my Orbi, I have to scroll down the page to find this table.  Also, there is a table (still farther down) of "blocked devices."

Message 5 of 10
CHrisFrench
Aspirant

Thanks for the info but that is nt the case as the Orbi is acting as AP (not in router mode)

Message 6 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Oh, my.  Since those tables list only MAC address for allowed and not allowed, I had thought they work in AP mode.  The router that assigns IP addresses may have Access Control?

It connected over WiFi before the Orbi firmware update, and now does not connect?

Does it connect over ethernet?

What messages does Windows report about the failure to connect?

Does Windows 10 have Event logs with more detailed explanation of what is going wrong?

A Google search turned up suggestions about WiFi connections, including several specific to Atheros cards.

Message 7 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @CHrisFrench

We would like to ask for the following information: 

- Please provide the WiFi driver version. 

- Just to clarify, the computer-in-question detects the network but cannot connect to the network. Is the right? Is it asking for the WiFi password when you connect to the network? Have you tried to forget the network? 

- What is the error message when you connect to the network? 

- For testing, did you try to connect the computer-in-question to other WiFi network? If so, what happen? 

We look forward to your response. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 10
CHrisFrench
Aspirant

Thanks Blanca

It is connecting now

To be honest I don't know the exact reason why...and I don have time to dig deeper on this

Best Regards

Message 9 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @CHrisFrench

Thank you for your feedback. Glad that it's working now.   

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7