Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 Magenta, Satelline good

LLWLLL
Aspirant

RBR20 Magenta, Satelline good

I've reset/rebooted the router two times, still magenta - the app shows that it's disconnected/offline....however the satellite is fine.

Do I give up and buy something new?  Firmware Version V2.5.1.16  no updated required....?   we purchased 1 1/2 years ago

any suggestions?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
vajim
Master

Re: RBR20 Magenta, Satelline good

@LLWLLL wrote:

I've reset/rebooted the router two times, still magenta - the app shows that it's disconnected/offline....however the satellite is fine.

Do I give up and buy something new?  Firmware Version V2.5.1.16  no updated required....?   we purchased 1 1/2 years ago

any suggestions?

what color is the ring on the sats.  sats shouldn't be working IF the router is dead.

have you checked your modem?

don't use the app for troubleshooting...best to login in to the orbi using a web browser.

Message 2 of 10
LLWLLL
Aspirant

modem is fine - ethernet cable is working 

Message 3 of 10
LLWLLL
Aspirant

satellite works not magenta nor amber

Message 4 of 10
vajim
Master

@LLWLLL wrote:

satellite works not magenta nor amber

ok...but it's hard to imagine the sat working without the router.

how do you know the sat is working?  are any devices connected to the sat and access the internet?

modem?

Message 5 of 10
LLWLLL
Aspirant

internet "offline" on main orbi, satellite showing active and have "wireless" signal on phone & ipad, but can connect to internet...  work computer connected to modem I have internet....   changed the yellow internet cord with a new cord, no change, still no internet

Message 6 of 10
LLWLLL
Aspirant

internet "offline" on main orbi, satellite showing active and have "wireless" signal on phone & ipad, but CANNOT connect to internet...  work computer connected DIRECTLY to modem WITH ETHERNET CORD - I have internet....   changed the yellow internet cord with a new cord, no change, still no wireless internet

Message 7 of 10
vajim
Master

and your modem?  what type?  any changes?

Message 8 of 10
fmalloy
Luminary

@LLWLLL wrote:

internet "offline" on main orbi, satellite showing active and have "wireless" signal on phone & ipad, but CANNOT connect to internet...  work computer connected DIRECTLY to modem WITH ETHERNET CORD - I have internet....   changed the yellow internet cord with a new cord, no change, still no wireless internet

WiFi signal on your wireless devices only means that they connect wirelessly to the modem or satellite, it does not mean you have internet. If your computer receives internet plugged directly into the modem then you have found your modem is working ok. 

You connected the modem to the RBR20 and still get magenta...stupid question, forgive me - you plugged the cable from the modem into the yellow Internet jack, not the Ethernet jack, right? And you rebooted the RBR20 after that?

Did you try: 1) power down the RBR20, 2) power down the modem, 3) power up the modem, wait a couple mins, then 4) power up the RBR20...?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@LLWLLL wrote:

any suggestions?

As @vajim pointed out, the "app" is almost useless for diagnosing problems.  I notice that the post did not start out with a description of "what is not working."  There have been many posts about the "app" saying the router was magenta, but that "everything works fine."

I am guessing that you looked at the app because "something was amiss"???

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7