Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 ORBI AC2200 - connected, but in "Settings" it says there's no IP address

phidgety
Aspirant

RBR20 ORBI AC2200 - connected, but in "Settings" it says there's no IP address

I'm using an iMac.

Just got a new Orbi to replace my dead Nighthawk, installation was a snap — both the base, satellite, and my printer are connected, but in "Settings" > "Network" while it shows the Orbi is connected it also says "No IP Address".

Do I need to worry about this?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR20 ORBI AC2200 - connected, but in "Settings" it says there's no IP address

Can you take a screen shot and post it?

Otherwise, "everything works"?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR20 ORBI AC2200 - connected, but in "Settings" it says there's no IP address

Can you take a screen shot and post it?

Otherwise, "everything works"?

Message 2 of 5
phidgety
Aspirant

Thanks CrimpOn,

Strangely, when I returned to the "Settings" screen, it no longer mentions a missing IP address, it merely says, "Connected".

I'm amazed at the speed of the community's answers, as well as at the thorough knowledge you all have.

Phill

Message 3 of 5
phidgety
Aspirant

I’m sorry, I intended to write saying it turned out my Nighthawk died so I bought an Orbi and it was simple to set up. Now our internet is working great. Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
phidgety
Aspirant

I’m sorry, I intended to write saying it turned out my Nighthawk died so I bought an Orbi and it was simple to set up. Now our internet is working great. Thanks for your help.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7