Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20/RBS20 - Satellites not recovered after router reboot (Ethernet backuphaul)

Mike-Mayer
Aspirant

RBR20/RBS20 - Satellites not recovered after router reboot (Ethernet backuphaul)

Hi folks,

to improve the wifi coverage of my house, i've setup a mesh with one RBR20 and two RBS20 satellites. As the wifi connecitvity between the three floos is not that great and because I have ethernet available, both satellites are connected to the ethernet. The backuphaul is configured and als systems are in sync.

Now if the router reboots it doesn't revover the satellites. They are still in the LAN, but not part of the mesh. The wifi is working, but router is not found in the app.  Only removing the LAN cable from the staellites, connect to wifi and then replug the cable helps. 

Does anybody has an idea how to fix this?

Cheers

Mike

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellites not recovered after router reboot (Ethernet backuphaul)

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

Is Daisy Chain enabled on the router, disable this if it is while using ethernet back haul. Not sure if this will fix the app problem. This maybe an APP issue as well.

What mobile device are you using?

Do the satellites appear in the UI using a PC and browser logged into the routers web page?

@Christian_R

Message 2 of 5
Mike-Mayer
Aspirant

Hi,

the switch is a Linksys LRT214, which is in the center. Also this Switch is the internet gateway. So the RBR20 is working in AP mode.

Deactivating dasy chain seems not to work 😞 

will try with setup from scretch with factory reset. 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 5
Mike-Mayer
Aspirant

Reset and reconfiguration didn't help 😞 

Only thing tha happened, my router was killed and had to be restarted. When daisy chain was disabled, the setup didn't work. Now enabled again.

Maybe caused, by different DHCP-Server. 

Which port and protocoll is used for the sync? 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20/RBS20 - Satellites not recovered after router reboot (Ethernet backuphaul)

Does the Linksys router have any IGMP Procols that can be disabled? Orbi doesn't seem to like IGMP on manages switchs/routers. Others have said that they've disabled IGMP protocols and seems to help them...

Also you may need to set up the Orbi in AP mode if your going to run with a main host router in front of the Orib system. Daisy chaing needs to be disabled when running wired back haul. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7