Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 Satellite and printer

Lmntry
Follower

RBR20 Satellite and printer

I just bought the RBR20 system from Costco. I put the Satellite at the opposite end of my home to support two older Canon printers. Neither of the printers will connect via WiFi to the Satellite, but do connect to the main router, and the result is that more than a minute goes by between a print command and the printer starting to print. So, would it help if I connect the printers to the Satellte via ethernet? BTW, other devices do connect to the Satellite when they do go out of the main router range.

Many thanks for the help!

Lmntry -- Arizona

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 Satellite and printer

Do the printers have LAN cable connection support? 

You could connect the satellite via wired back haul as well to the router. 

Message 2 of 3
JazWilliams
Aspirant

Re: RBR20 Satellite and printer

I was having the same problem, and found a fix without needing an Ethernet cable. On your printer go into LAN settings, find Other Settings, and then go into TCP/IP settings and change it to IPv6.

Edit: I just reread your problem. When I connected my printer to the network, I chose the manual setup. It detected that there was more than one connection available, and there was an option to use all or one. I chose all, and put in the password. Maybe that will work.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7