Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 Speed Test

jeggen
Aspirant

RBR20 Speed Test

I just switched to Cox Gigiblast internet. I started with their Panoramic Wifi router but decided to switch to Netgear. So I purchased the Netgear DOCIS 3.1 Modem (CM1000-100NAS) and the Orbi RBRT20 w/ one satelittle.

Everything is hooked up and working fine. When I do a speed test from the Orbi interface though the max download speed I get is right around 500Mbps and I'm starting to wonder if the RBR20 is the limiting factor here. I have my modem connected directly to the input form Cox with no splitters in the line at all. I tested this morning when I'm the only one even awake in the house and still get these speeds. Can someone confirm for me if they are able to get close to 1Gbs from the RBR20 speed test? Should I expect that from this device or is this the wrong device for this type of connection? Not sure if this is a Cox issue or if I really just need to use the RBR50 (or something else) instead.

Thanks.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 Speed Test

Factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR. This time do not speed test with the built in QoS speed test. Use a wired PC and run a speed test using Ooklas installable app to run the test. 

If your using a wireless device, this will usually max out at around 400-500Mpbs since most devcies are limited by this. AX mode devices may see higher speeds however Orbi RBR20 isn't AX supporting. You should see near 900Mpbs with a wired PC though. 

Message 2 of 4
jeggen
Aspirant

Just out of curiosity how is doing the factory reset different than setting it up from scratch. I didn't say when, but just brought and set this up yesterday.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I case there is a mis configuration and also the Speedtest app seen in QoS has been known to cause problems or be inaccurate. Just a troubleshooting step. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7