Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 - Web GUI does not show satellite and connected devices - App does not show connected devices

vincenzo_suraci
Aspirant

RBR20 - Web GUI does not show satellite and connected devices - App does not show connected devices

Yesterday I installed the Orbi RBR20 (1 Router + 1 Satellite) and the Android App. After the firmware update of Router and Satellite (to version 2.3.5.26), I switched to AP mode, setup the WiFi, etc.. Everything was okay: the web GUI and the App where correctly showing the list of connected devices and the presence of a connection between the Router and the Satellite. Today, I moved the Router and the Satellite to their definitive position (same rooms, but attached to different plugs and located in a more situable place). From that moment I noticed that the Router, in its web GUI does not show any connected device (even if there are at least 20 devices connected on the WiFi and properly working) and it does not see any Satellite (even if the satellite is connected and working). If I go to the Satellite web GUI, I see that it is connected, but, again it does not show any connected device. If I go to the Android App, I see that Router and Satellite are connected (with an underlying charming "green circle"), but again, even in the App, there is no connected device listed. I tried to resync Router with Satellite, and to reboot them more than once. But nothing seems to solve this issue. Any idea?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 - Web GUI does not show satellite and connected devices - App does not show connected devi

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Be sure all wireless radios on the ISP Modem or main host router are fully disabled.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@vincenzo_suraci wrote:

Yesterday I installed the Orbi RBR20 (1 Router + 1 Satellite) and the Android App. After the firmware update of Router and Satellite (to version 2.3.5.26), I switched to AP mode, setup the WiFi, etc.. Everything was okay: the web GUI and the App where correctly showing the list of connected devices and the presence of a connection between the Router and the Satellite. Today, I moved the Router and the Satellite to their definitive position (same rooms, but attached to different plugs and located in a more situable place). From that moment I noticed that the Router, in its web GUI does not show any connected device (even if there are at least 20 devices connected on the WiFi and properly working) and it does not see any Satellite (even if the satellite is connected and working). If I go to the Satellite web GUI, I see that it is connected, but, again it does not show any connected device. If I go to the Android App, I see that Router and Satellite are connected (with an underlying charming "green circle"), but again, even in the App, there is no connected device listed. I tried to resync Router with Satellite, and to reboot them more than once. But nothing seems to solve this issue. Any idea?

Message 2 of 4
vincenzo_suraci
Aspirant

Re: RBR20 - Web GUI does not show satellite and connected devices - App does not show connected devi

Hi, thanks for your swift response.

The ISP Router is a technicolor dga4132. Its WiFi has been disabled. The Nmap protocol works (since I tested it with a Linux machine). The strange thing is that it seems the Orbi router to be defective. The Orbi satellite is correctly working: it is connected to the Orbi Router, its GUI shows that it is connected. The same shows the Android App. But, the Orbi web GUI says that no Satellite is connected and no network device is connected to it. Regarding the devices, the same says the Android App.

So, it is not a matter of size of my home or the distance between the Orbi Satellite and the Orbi Router. Seems to be something software, or something in the Orbi Router network configuration that is faulty.

VS

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the RBR and RBS. First setup the RBR for AP mode and get it connected to the ISP router. Once setup. Just check to ensure the RBR is seeing connected devices. 

After checking, setup the RBS and get it connected. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. This can be a factor in RBS operation. 

If anything you could go back to router mode and use the Modems DMZ or IP Pass thru feature for the RBRs IP address. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7