Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR20 WiFi connection Problem

DarkShagger
Aspirant

RBR20 WiFi connection Problem

Hi, I have just setup my 3 units, admin device is working perfectly awesome range, but....... I connected a new device which worked on the network fine, then when I was playing with the control feature on the admin device and turned off the access to the new device, it turned off, however it displays on the admin device that the new device is allowed access to the internet but the new device displays internet may not be available and wont connect. I have forgotten and reconnected to the network also rebooted main moden and reset orbi system rebooted all devices and it still wont allow the new device to connect. Also when I go to admin control and try to turn off access to the new device it just keeps saying please try again later. Sorry if its hard to understand, just ask if you need me to clarify anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

I have found that using the Orbi "app" sometimes causes unintended consequences that can only be fixed using the Orbi web interface.  (I hope you have something with a screen larger than the typical smartphone.)  Use a web browser to navigate to "orginlogin.net" and enter the administrative credentials ("admin" and whatever admin password you defined).  On the "Advanced Tab-> Security-> Access Control, you will probably find that the app has enabled Access Control and has put the MAC address of this device into the "Blocked" table which you have to scroll down to the bottom of the web page to see.  For now, I would clear the Access Control box (no check mark) and then scroll down and remove the device from the "Block" table.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Administering the Orbi with the web interface, or with an Orbi "app"?

Message 2 of 4
DarkShagger
Aspirant

Orbi app from google play. Setup through mobile phone as I dont use computers very often.
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

I have found that using the Orbi "app" sometimes causes unintended consequences that can only be fixed using the Orbi web interface.  (I hope you have something with a screen larger than the typical smartphone.)  Use a web browser to navigate to "orginlogin.net" and enter the administrative credentials ("admin" and whatever admin password you defined).  On the "Advanced Tab-> Security-> Access Control, you will probably find that the app has enabled Access Control and has put the MAC address of this device into the "Blocked" table which you have to scroll down to the bottom of the web page to see.  For now, I would clear the Access Control box (no check mark) and then scroll down and remove the device from the "Block" table.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7