Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 Xbox not connecting

Ritchey87
Follower

RBR20 Xbox not connecting

I purchased in December. Screwed up the installation somehow. Called tech support and they fixed everything and went through advanced settings so my Roku, Xbox and PS4 could access wifi. Before it would show connected but would not access any online features.

About 7 days ago orbi updated and it messed up everything. While I am still able to access Wi-Fi through my TV and Roku my Xbox is doing the same thing it did when I first installed the orbi system. It says it is connected but cannot access any online features. this is the same with any game system in the house.

I am going to do a full reset when I get home but can anyone please walk me through how to get to the advanced settings as well as what to change them to to allow access to all of my devices. I know they had me change the DNS settings but I cannot recall what to. My warranty just went out 5 days ago and when I called them a week ago the representative before taking any of my information just told me to wait a week as a patch was going through. Now a week later my warranty is expired and the system is still not working.

I already tried looking the info up and could not find anything useful. Much appreciated.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 Xbox not connecting

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Is the xbox wired or wireless connected to the RBS? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Ensure uPnP is enabled. You shouldn't need any kind of Port Forwarding if uPnP is enabled. 

You can set custom DNS under Internet Setup Auto or you can use 1.1.1.1, 9.9.9.9, 8.8.8.8. 

@Ritchey87 wrote:
I purchased in December. Screwed up the installation somehow. Called tech support and they fixed everything and went through advanced settings so my Roku, Xbox and PS4 could access wifi. Before it would show connected but would not access any online features.

About 7 days ago orbi updated and it messed up everything. While I am still able to access Wi-Fi through my TV and Roku my Xbox is doing the same thing it did when I first installed the orbi system. It says it is connected but cannot access any online features. this is the same with any game system in the house.

I am going to do a full reset when I get home but can anyone please walk me through how to get to the advanced settings as well as what to change them to to allow access to all of my devices. I know they had me change the DNS settings but I cannot recall what to. My warranty just went out 5 days ago and when I called them a week ago the representative before taking any of my information just told me to wait a week as a patch was going through. Now a week later my warranty is expired and the system is still not working.

I already tried looking the info up and could not find anything useful. Much appreciated.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7