Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 and JuiceBox charger for EV

ngockhoa0524
Initiate

RBR20 and JuiceBox charger for EV

I have an RBR20 main unit + 1 Satellite for the last year or so and it's been working great ... until about a month ago when we installed the JuiceBox 40amp charger:  after confirming with JuiceBox support: I learned that the JuiceBox connection can NOT communicate with any 5GHZ-WiFi.  My dilemna is if I have to re-install the RBR20 router, HOW DO I specify ONLY 2.4GHZ is what i need?  As I remembered when setup the RBR20 initially, it picked the 5-GHZ as the optimum install automatically for me.  Am I stucked with using this RBR20 at 5-GHZ and i have to buy another cheaper router and set it up with 2.4-GHZ in order to connect the JuiceBox?

Appreciate any helps/suggestions you might have.

David

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR20 and JuiceBox charger for EV

The RBR20 is dual band and it bandsteers. Meaning you have both bands and it'll move devices between 2.4ghz and 5ghz as needed. It doesn't have an option to fully turn off the wifi radio. 

Unfortunately most app and IOT devices don't get coded properly. Meaning if you're phone is on 5ghz, many times you can't setup the 2.4ghz device.

try this. 

1. turn the ssid broadcast (doesn't shut off the band, just the broadcast ssid) for the 5ghz. 

2. disable wifi on your phone doing the setup. 

3. turn wifi back on your phone. it should reconnect. hopefully it connects to the 2.4ghz. 

if it does, try redoing the setup. Once its setup, turn the ssid broadcast back on. 

If it doesn't, you can turn the broadcast power on the 5ghz down and then retry the same setup. 

try these steps. 

Message 2 of 3
ngockhoa0524
Initiate

Re: RBR20 and JuiceBox charger for EV

Thanks so much for your suggestion #plemans.

Will try following your advice and will report back.

David

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7