Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR20 and a satellite, won't connect to amazon or any other internet other than Netflix.

tim-c
Aspirant

RBR20 and a satellite, won't connect to amazon or any other internet other than Netflix.

I'm just having issues connecting to Amazon and everything else. Everything has been set up and Netflix works but nothing else.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Tim

Message 1 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR20 and a satellite, won't connect to amazon or any other internet other than Netflix.

@tim-c wrote:

I'm just having issues connecting to Amazon and everything else. Everything has been set up and Netflix works but nothing else.

What device is attached to the Orbi network and cannot reach anything besides Netflix?

Message 2 of 11
plemans
Guru

Firmware on your orbi?

What modem/gateway is it connected to? (model)

Message 3 of 11
tim-c
Aspirant

Evening,

Thanks for the reply, the firmware on the Orbi is v2.3.5.30.

The router I'm running off of is an Action tech M1424.

Thank you,

Tim

Message 4 of 11
tim-c
Aspirant

My smart T.V.

Thank you,

Tim

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

The actiontec is a modme/router combo device. do you have it in passthrough/modem only mode or the netgear in AP mode? otherwise you're in a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 7 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@plemans wrote:

The actiontec is a modme/router combo device. do you have it in passthrough/modem only mode or the netgear in AP mode? otherwise you're in a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

this qualifies as another..."how long have you had your Orbi?".....did you know you were going to have 2 routers??????

Message 8 of 11
tim-c
Aspirant

yes I knew that I would have two routers, I believe that the security is the issue. I have noticed only certain things I want to do including logging on to certain sights including amazon for movies and you tube it says it's not secure so it wont let me. Now I switch back to the old router for these scenarios until I find the security areas that will let me use these other sights. 

Thank you,

Tim

Message 9 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@tim-c wrote:

yes I knew that I would have two routers,

OK...and you knew that this requires special configuration..??

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

This maybe a browser issue or app issue vs a router issue. Security seen on sites are HTTPS. If a site isn't using HTTPS and uses HTTP, then browsers warn users of this. It's just a warning from the broswer. 

Were you able to configure your networking so you only had one router on the line? 

@tim-c wrote:

yes I knew that I would have two routers, I believe that the security is the issue. I have noticed only certain things I want to do including logging on to certain sights including amazon for movies and you tube it says it's not secure so it wont let me. Now I switch back to the old router for these scenarios until I find the security areas that will let me use these other sights. 

Thank you,

Tim

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7