Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 and the dreaded Magenta Ring

Jeremy_K
Aspirant

RBR20 and the dreaded Magenta Ring

Dear Community,
I have the RBR20 with one satellite. We use Spectrum cable modem, Spectrum is my ISP. Here is my continued issue:

Spar-attic/Intermittent magenta ring for no longer than 10-30 seconds multiple times a day. Sometimes the magenta ring will be on and some wireless devices will have internet access. I have spoken to the support team, but my the time I come off the hold, system is back online. The Magenta ring is solid and NETGEAR definition of this is router can get IP address. NETGEAR has asked me to change settings in the advanced settings (orbi login.net) but this is still happening. Does anyone have an answer? Thanks in advance!

Kindest,
Just need it to work

Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBR20 and the dreaded Magenta Ring

What device is your Orbi router connected to?

The magenta ring means you are losing the connection to your ISP connection. I suggest try a new network cable and check with your ISP to see if they are having issues. The other thing is the device your router is connected to could be going bad. 

Message 2 of 3
Jeremy_K
Aspirant

Re: RBR20 and the dreaded Magenta Ring

Would you suggest moving to a Cat6 cable? The current cable being used is the Ethernet that was provided with the Orbi.

I will also double check with ISP
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7