Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 not showing connected devices

AverageCanadian
Aspirant

RBR20 not showing connected devices

Running RBR20 with an attached RBS20 both on firmware V2.6.2.104

This has been an ongoing issue for at least the last 3 firmware updates where after the update all my devices will show for about 24 hours. After that time period I'll be left with only seeing 5-7 devices attached. The app shows the same 5-7 devices. 

All my devices not showing as connected devices still have Internet access. 

Is there a stable firmware I can dowgrade to that actually works? 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
vajim
Master

Re: RBR20 not showing connected devices

@AverageCanadian wrote:

This has been an ongoing issue for at least the last 3 firmware updates where after the update all my devices will show for about 24 hours. After that time period I'll be left with only seeing 5-7 devices attached. The app shows the same 5-7 devices. 

I've seen similar using the PC login.  I don't recommmend the app, lots of problems. I'd don't think it's related to any particular firmware for mine is different than yours.

I did reboot the modem. router, and sats, and that fixed it for a few hours, then the problem came back.  Something must be going on with the netgear servers or something.  I gave up.  I'm not big on staring at a device list.  As long as my devices work (and they do), I'm good. 

Message 2 of 4
AverageCanadian
Aspirant

Re: RBR20 not showing connected devices

@vajim wrote:

@AverageCanadian wrote:

I've seen similar using the PC login.  I don't recommmend the app, lots of problems. I'd don't think it's related to any particular firmware for mine is different than yours.

I did reboot the modem. router, and sats, and that fixed it for a few hours, then the problem came back.  Something must be going on with the netgear servers or something.  I gave up.  I'm not big on staring at a device list.  As long as my devices work (and they do), I'm good. 

Normally as long as long as they work I'm good, but a lot of the devices on my list are iot devices and I'm doing some automations with Home Assistant so I want to make srue I reserve the ip's of those devices. Kind of difficult to do when they won't show up in any list.

While trying to fix this, I've seen complaints dating back to at least the beginning of 2020. It's just a bit upsetting to see such a basic feature somehow continue to be a issues for this system. 

Oh well, guess that's just part of the Netgear life...

Message 3 of 4
Capicar
Aspirant

Rif.: RBR20 not showing connected devices

I do have unfortunately the same problem I upgraded to latest fw 2.6.2.204 and now it’s a mess. Some devices are not listed as connected, despite they definitely are. Second point, I use to have access control on blocking all new devices from connecting. But what I am experiencing now is randomly blocked connections to internet of my long time existing Wi-Fi devices! Even if they are listed as allowed. Note that just after upgrading I have found some devices blocked, including my MacBook from where I started upgrade.. I changed to my tablet to reconnect web interface of my orbi and “allow” all locked devices
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7