Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 "connected with problems"

DP012
Follower

RBR20 "connected with problems"

Just got Google fiber and I'm streaming (or attempting to) with Amazon firetv and firestick. Using HULU I keep getting "connected with problems" using ORBI. Pandora plays sometimes but drops.

Just very frustrating! Any suggestions?

Thank you

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 "connected with problems"

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@DP012 wrote:

Just got Google fiber and I'm streaming (or attempting to) with Amazon firetv and firestick. Using HULU I keep getting "connected with problems" using ORBI. Pandora plays sometimes but drops.

Just very frustrating! Any suggestions?

Thank you

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR20 "connected with problems"

@DP012 wrote:

......... Using HULU I keep getting "connected with problems" using ORBI. Pandora plays sometimes but drops.

I'd first check if you have double NAT in your network. If your ISP modem is acting as a router and does NATing on the incoming WAN traffic then this can cause different issues since Orbi is also doing NATing. You need to check if you have double NAT.

Please open a Command Prompt on any computer attached to Orbi and type:

tracert 8.8.8.8   (or traceroute 8.8.8.8 if you're using a Mac computer)

1. If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT. Please check the model of your ISP modem and if you have a manual for it.
  2. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good and we need then to troubleshoot further to find the root cause of the issue,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7