Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 running firmware V2.5.1.16 doesn't get full GB fiber connection

Valgore
Aspirant

RBR20 running firmware V2.5.1.16 doesn't get full GB fiber connection

Hello,

I have an Orbi RBR20 and we just upgraded to 1gb Fiber. When I run a speedtest on a laptop (both wireless and wired through the Orbi router) I only get 120Mbps down. If I plug my laptop into the ethernet cable coming out of our wall, i get 976Mbps. I've done a full Factory Reset, disabled Daisy Chain Topology, Accesss Control, and Traffic Meter and still getting 120Mbps. Any other suggestions?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 running firmware V2.5.1.16 doesn't get full GB fiber connection

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? 

Is Armor or Circle enabled on the RBR? 

Message 2 of 5
Valgore
Aspirant

the Orbi router plugs directly into the ethernet cable (cat5e) going to the Optical Network Terminal. Armor and Circle are not enabled on the RBR.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

When speed testing, using a wired PC and Ooklas installable speed test app on your wired PC, what are the speed results after doing a factory reset on the RBR and walking thru the setup wizard. Do not enable Armor or Circle. Power cycle the ONT off for 30 seconds then back on as well while the RBR resets. 

Message 4 of 5
Mikey94025
Hero

You can also try other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7