Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 speed issue

DLars
Aspirant

RBR20 speed issue

When I run a speed test wired to my modem, I get around 850 mbps per second upload and down. Over WiFi and wired directly to the port on my RBR20 I'm only getting 85-90 mbps. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBR20 speed issue

@DLars wrote:
When I run a speed test wired to my modem, I get around 850 mbps per second upload and down. Over WiFi and wired directly to the port on my RBR20 I'm only getting 85-90 mbps. Any ideas?

Can you give more details?

What make and model modem are you referring to? How is your RBR20 hooked up tp your modem, directly or via switch?

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
I

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@DLars wrote:

Message 3 of 5
DLars
Aspirant

v2.3.5.30 firmware.
Dasan Zone Solutions. Can't find a model number. Attached to a fiber tray.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You might update FW to v16 since thats more recent. Factory reset and setup from scratch after loading it. 

I would power OFF the modem/ONT for 1 minute as well during the reset of the RBR and then back ON. 

Do you know if the ONT has a built in router and wifi or not? 

@DLars wrote:
v2.3.5.30 firmware.
Dasan Zone Solutions. Can't find a model number. Attached to a fiber tray.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7