Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR20 use router as additional satellite

madobe
Aspirant

RBR20 use router as additional satellite

I have a spare RBR20 Orbi Router due to acquiring a RBR50 Router and RBS50 Satellite. I have added my 2 x RBS20 Satellites sucessfully and would like to use the RBR20 Router as an additional satellite. Can this be configured and how?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@madobe wrote:

I have a spare RBR20 Orbi Router due to acquiring a RBR50 Router and RBS50 Satellite. I have added my 2 x RBS20 Satellites sucessfully and would like to use the RBR20 Router as an additional satellite. Can this be configured and how?

Alas, No. An Orbi router cannot be connected to another Orbi system to function as a satellite.

Sucks.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

@CrimpOn wrote:

Alas, No. An Orbi router cannot be connected to another Orbi system to function as a satellite.

Sucks.

There is a way to convert a RBR50 into an RBS50. its not using stock firmware and there's a chance you brick your device. (google is your friend in this)

Unsure about doing the same with an RBR20 though.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7