Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR20

CaptainBroach
Initiate

RBR20

I just wanted to say that after an hour getting bumped around this "Support" site to resolve my problem and also being unable to access the Netgear Chat Support I'm authorized by my purchase, I'm pretty damn discussed with Netgear.  I can neither find a solution nor find a way to get to a solution.

I have a functioning Orbi network that my apple devices all find no problem, but neither of my HP Laptops running W10 can sign on.  Just stopped being able to access the network after doing so successfully in past.  

This support site is about as useful as telling me to find a penny in a football field sized pile of leafs

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CaptainBroach wrote:

I figured this out myself by pushing enough buttons and wipping out all my wifi settings on earch laptop then started from ground zero.  seems to be working for now.  

Enjoy Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Be sure to have the Windows laptops forget any prior saved wifi configurations or profiles. 

Be sure the WiFi adapter drivers on the windows laptops are fully updated.

Do you only have the RBR20, no satellites? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

WPA2 and AES currently set? What happens if you temporarily disable WPA on the RBR and then connect the laptops? Set back to WPA2 and AES after trying this. 

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CaptainBroach wrote:

I just wanted to say that after an hour getting bumped around this "Support" site to resolve my problem and also being unable to access the Netgear Chat Support I'm authorized by my purchase, I'm pretty damn discussed with Netgear.  I can neither find a solution nor find a way to get to a solution.

I have a functioning Orbi network that my apple devices all find no problem, but neither of my HP Laptops running W10 can sign on.  Just stopped being able to access the network after doing so successfully in past.  

This support site is about as useful as telling me to find a penny in a football field sized pile of leafs

What do you mean ..."neither of my HP Laptops running W10 can sign on."

Are these laptops trying to login to your network via wifi or wired?

Any changes to your network password (perhaps to accomadate Apple)?

Message 3 of 6
CaptainBroach
Initiate

I figured this out myself by pushing enough buttons and wipping out all my wifi settings on earch laptop then started from ground zero.  seems to be working for now.  

Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CaptainBroach wrote:

Enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your post thread as solved so others will know. 

Thank you. 

@CaptainBroach wrote:

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7