Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20

Stefron
Follower

RBR20

Hi

I have bought my husband, who is blind, a Victor Stream Reader New Generation.  This is a piece of kit that enables him to have books, documents, radio and podcasts downloaded for him to listen to.  We are having problems connecting it to our wifi.  We have spoken to Victor Stream Reader support who say we need to turn of 5GHZ to make it work.  How do I do this?

Firmware Version Netgear Genie is V2.5.1.16

Router Model RBR20

Message 1 of 3
vajim
Master

Re: RBS50

@Stefron wrote:

Hi

I have bought my husband, who is blind, a Victor Stream Reader New Generation.  This is a piece of kit that enables him to have books, documents, radio and podcasts downloaded for him to listen to.  We are having problems connecting it to our wifi.  We have spoken to Victor Stream Reader support who say we need to turn of 5GHZ to make it work.  How do I do this?

the last time I looked at this:

go to Advanced Setup>Wireless Settings>Advanced Wireless Settings (5GHz 802.11a/n/ac)>Transmit Power Control and decrease the 5GHz strength to 25%

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR20

@Stefron wrote:

First, the support person probably means well, but is incorrect.  The Stream Reader has only a 2.4G WiFi radio in it.  It can no more detect 5G WiFi than it can tell whether the sun is out or not.  Nothing needs to be done to the 5G WiFi on the Orbi.

The instructions are pretty clear about how to connect to WiFi using the "multi-tap key feature"

http://support.humanware.com/en-usa/support/victor_reader_stream_new_generation/troubleshooting 

My guess is that entering the password is really tricky, especially if there are Capital letters in the password.

(You may not be old enough to remember how we used to create text messages on our old flip phones. Horrible!)

One quick way to test this would be to enable the "Guest" feature with a very simple password, such as "adgkmp" (i.e. keys 2-3-4-5-6-7)

Could you try that?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7