Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR350: 50% download speed over WIFI, upload speed is 100%

Patrikwa
Aspirant

RBR350: 50% download speed over WIFI, upload speed is 100%

Hi,

We have a 100/100 fiber connection in our house, in the basement there is a fiber converter that hooks straight into the Orbi router. (No ISP modem with built in WIFI or anything like that)

When running speed tests on my wired connections i get the full 100/100 both when running straight through the router and when running through a satellite using wired backhaul, but as soon as I go through WIFI, my download speed is cut in half while retaining the max upload speed. (Tests done next to the satellite/router, no walls interfering etc)

I have attached an image showing the current connections and their relation as well as results from speed tests (dotted lines are WIFI connections, filled lines are wired connections)

Conditions:

* We live in a very small village and have no interfering WIFI signals surrounding our house.

* Router and satellite are updated to last firmware.

* IPv6 is disabled

I have so far tried the following without any difference:
1) Change 2.4GHz channel from Auto to all the others.

2) Made sure the default MTU size of 1500 is correct (by pinging with larger packet size until they are scrambled etc)

3) Disable the 20/40 MHz Coexistance

4) Disable UPnP

What is next?

EDIT: My image isn't showing up, attached it as a file as well.

System.jpg

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Patrikwa
Aspirant

Re: RBR350: 50% download speed over WIFI, upload speed is 100%

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Patrikwa
Aspirant

I managed to disable "armor" (which I couldn't do from the web interface, just found it in the mobile app) and got another 15 mbit, running at 65/100 now! It gets better. I seen alot of people suggesting disabling QoS/WMM but I can't find any setting for that anywhere.
Any ideas?

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
Patrikwa
Aspirant

Thanks, i made a duplicate post here:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBR350-50-download-speed-over-WIFI-u...

An admin can close/lock/remove this post 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7