Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 2.5.1.16 Firmware

dsnider4219
Follower

RBR40 2.5.1.16 Firmware

I have a RBR40 router.  My Model was not available in the selection above so chose a similar product.

When I logged into my router it stated that there is no new firmware updates available, but when I check Netgear.com downloads for the latest firmware it lists that Firmware 2.5.1.16 is the latest version.  I downloaded the latest firmware file. When I try to do a manual upload, my RBR40 router is not listed, only the satelittes are showing. 

Why?   How do I load the latest firmware to my router?  Is there a need to loaded the latest firmware?

Darrell

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR40 2.5.1.16 Firmware

On my Orbi web interface, the Manual Update page has a blue line across the page.  ABOVE the line, the instructions say, "To update the router...."  UNDER the blue line there is a box for each satellite.  See attached screen shot.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR40 2.5.1.16 Firmware

On my Orbi web interface, the Manual Update page has a blue line across the page.  ABOVE the line, the instructions say, "To update the router...."  UNDER the blue line there is a box for each satellite.  See attached screen shot.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7