Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 400 bad request - server does not support operation request by your client

viperamd64
Aspirant

RBR40 400 bad request - server does not support operation request by your client

Loaded new firmware a few months or so ago on my RBR40  (it is an RBR40 not RBR50) and accessed it today and saw another firmware update msg, so hit update and got a msg "400 bad request. This server does not support the operation request by the client."  I looked and some recommendations to reset, so I did a router reset, which responds to beginning setup again.  I get "welcome to Orbi" hit next, "terms of service", hit agree, then, then the msg  "400 bad request. This server does not support the operation request by the client."  shows up again!! Now I can't even set it up....  Oddly enough, the internet still works, still get to sites via chrome/firefox.  Any ideas???   I'm at a loss.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
viperamd64
Aspirant

Re: RBR40 400 bad request - server does not support operation request by your client (solved)

Out of sheer frustration, I tried accessing the router using Microsoft Edge (had previous been using Chrome and Firefox) and amazingly it worked!!  Not sure why a different browser would make a difference (maybe an extension issue?)  Regardless, I was able to access and reconfigure and load new firmware.  Thanks for the feedback from everyone

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR40 400 bad request - server does not support operation request by your client

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Besure to clear out any browser caches. 

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. 

Message 2 of 5

Re: RBR40 400 bad request - server does not support operation request by your client

You could get the firmware here and update manually:

RBR40 / RBS40 Firmware Version 2.3.5.30 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

There is support for the Orbi WiFi System, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Orbi RBK50 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support <<<<

See the section Manually Update Firmware.

Message 3 of 5
viperamd64
Aspirant

Re: RBR40 400 bad request - server does not support operation request by your client (solved)

Out of sheer frustration, I tried accessing the router using Microsoft Edge (had previous been using Chrome and Firefox) and amazingly it worked!!  Not sure why a different browser would make a difference (maybe an extension issue?)  Regardless, I was able to access and reconfigure and load new firmware.  Thanks for the feedback from everyone

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe some unknown coding in Chrome or FF that doesn't work well with Orbis web page. 

I tend it use IE or Edge when doing FW updates for Orbi. Opera seems to work well too.

Enjoy. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7